Well we got our first supercell of the year from Moody, TX to near Deleon, Texas yesterday! This storm dropped some golfball size hail along its path as it moved east and south through Central Texas. This was our first time chasing this specific region so there was some novelty to it in that regard! Overall, the day was pretty average, but…Read More...
Hey hey! We haven't done a storm anatomy diagram in a hot minute (sorry, vacation and then the post vacation push to do everything but the things I want to do got me!). Today we're looking at a supercell from June 15, 2017. This storm is interesting for a couple of reasons: 1 - It has a pretty unique structure and I'll explain why in the…Read More...
Today on the Vlog we force Gene to walk us through his car setup and how he sets his vehicle up for chasing. If you are not a huge gear head in the sense that you don't need your car to scream "I'M A STORM CHASER" and just want simple functionality, then Gene's car is going to really appeal to you in terms of a ease of setup. A few notes on…Read More...
May. Call it whatever you want, but we call it Prime Time on the Plains. For many reasons, setups during this special time of the year just tend to work out for storm chasers. Things that seemingly sink days in April mean nothing in May as storms find ways to produce tornadoes. Of course its not really THAT magical as there's some good…Read More...
Tomorrow *could* be our first chase of the season if a few things line up a little better. The environment looks good and regardless its going to be warm with…Read More...
WiLD Weather Episodes
WiLD Weather Full Episodes
1 / 10
- 1 The Storm Chase That Went Shelf Cloud To Supercell Back to Shelf Cloud (April 19, 2017) 04:03
- 2 The Destructive Guthrie, OK Firestorm (May 4-5, 2014) 04:09
- 3 El Reno Rocked by Two Separate Major Ice Storms in the Winter of 2015 04:15
- 4 Our Favorite Lightning Displays EVER! Top Three Countdown! 05:46
- 5 Easter at Chester - Tornado from an Outflow Boundary Storm Snakes Down! - April 16, 2017 06:17
- 6 The No Good, Very Bad, Ugly Chase Day of May 18th (The Curse is Real!) 07:48
- 7 Battling the Cap - Beautiful LP Supercell At Sunset in Kansas - April 15, 2017 06:15
- 8 Chasing the Haboob: Tracking Down Dust Storms in the Desert Southwest! 07:57
- 9 Chasing The 2017 Fall Season: Supercells, Dust Storms, and Beautiful Skies 05:20
- 10 The Texas Panhandle in June: A Gorgeous Supercell Moving Near Amarillo (June 8, 2017) 08:06