A two day icing event unfolded across the OKC Metro area from February 20-21, 2018 with sleet and freezing rain impacting the metro area. I (Chris) was out documenting both storms for local TV and drove around with a lot of inclement weather ongoing. There were several accidents along the major thoroughfares in the city as the roads became iced…Read More...
May. Call it whatever you want, but we call it Prime Time on the Plains. For many reasons, setups during this special time of the year just tend to work…Read More...
Tomorrow *could* be our first chase of the season if a few things line up a little better. The environment looks good and regardless its going to be warm with dewpoints aplenty! Also in this Vlog, Chris talks about the new HREF from the SPC that'll be a new tool for this storm season. It's basically an ensemble product of all of the popular High…Read More...
There are different types of storms that one would call a dream storm. From a cyclical tornadic supercell producing big tornadoes to something more like what we have in today's episode: a slow moving, nearly stationary, gorgeous tornado warned supercell with great road options all around it. This supercell near Leoti, Kansas fit all of those and…Read More...
When you think of tornado alley people will typically think of states like Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa, South Dakotaaaaaa…..but no one really goes straight to New Mexico. But, New Mexico is a state that's as much a part of the Alley as any other. In fact, New Mexico averages a sneaky quiet 10 tornadoes per year based on more…Read More...
WiLD Weather Episodes
WiLD Weather Full Episodes
1 / 10
- 1 The Storm Chase That Went Shelf Cloud To Supercell Back to Shelf Cloud (April 19, 2017) 04:03
- 2 The Destructive Guthrie, OK Firestorm (May 4-5, 2014) 04:09
- 3 El Reno Rocked by Two Separate Major Ice Storms in the Winter of 2015 04:15
- 4 Our Favorite Lightning Displays EVER! Top Three Countdown! 05:46
- 5 Easter at Chester - Tornado from an Outflow Boundary Storm Snakes Down! - April 16, 2017 06:17
- 6 The No Good, Very Bad, Ugly Chase Day of May 18th (The Curse is Real!) 07:48
- 7 Battling the Cap - Beautiful LP Supercell At Sunset in Kansas - April 15, 2017 06:15
- 8 Chasing the Haboob: Tracking Down Dust Storms in the Desert Southwest! 07:57
- 9 Chasing The 2017 Fall Season: Supercells, Dust Storms, and Beautiful Skies 05:20
- 10 The Texas Panhandle in June: A Gorgeous Supercell Moving Near Amarillo (June 8, 2017) 08:06