Welcome back to Wildfire Wahoos, where we chase down the world's wildest wildfires! ...Ok that's a great name if we were looking for wildfires all the time, and it may feel like that's all we're doing these days -- but I promise you storms will be coming soon. Which is good, because the Rhea Wildfire may persist until we get some storms.…Read More...
We knew wildfires were going to be a major threat over these few days and yesterday the hype was realized with a massive wildfire in Dewey County, Oklahoma which burned thousands of acres. We followed the fire through much of the afternoon and into the evening along an approximately 35 mile path from Leedey to Mutual, Oklahoma. This is just a…Read More...
Today was my first chase of April and it was...ok. Yes let's go with ok. A couple of notes: I was doing some work with the TV station today, so we were…Read More...
Today's storm anatomy diagram covers a supercell from March of this year in North Texas! There's a lot to cover in this one, but two newer things we'd like to highlight -The Beaver Tail: This area of clouds seems to extend from the updraft to the east along the forward flank downdraft. This feature also seems to stream into the updraft. A…Read More...
We're in a bit of an extended lull of chasing it appears. While there is some hope for late week we're not quite holding our breath until the pattern fully…Read More...
It was a boom or bust Sunday in North Texas and the atmosphere went boom! We observed a supercell from roughly Holliday, TX to Nocona, TX during the late afternoon and evening hours on March 25, 2018. This storm cycled several times while we were on it, but it never could fully get its act together in the lower levels for a sustained and serious…Read More...
WiLD Weather Episodes
WiLD Weather Full Episodes
1 / 10
- 1 The Storm Chase That Went Shelf Cloud To Supercell Back to Shelf Cloud (April 19, 2017) 04:03
- 2 The Destructive Guthrie, OK Firestorm (May 4-5, 2014) 04:09
- 3 El Reno Rocked by Two Separate Major Ice Storms in the Winter of 2015 04:15
- 4 Our Favorite Lightning Displays EVER! Top Three Countdown! 05:46
- 5 Easter at Chester - Tornado from an Outflow Boundary Storm Snakes Down! - April 16, 2017 06:17
- 6 The No Good, Very Bad, Ugly Chase Day of May 18th (The Curse is Real!) 07:48
- 7 Battling the Cap - Beautiful LP Supercell At Sunset in Kansas - April 15, 2017 06:15
- 8 Chasing the Haboob: Tracking Down Dust Storms in the Desert Southwest! 07:57
- 9 Chasing The 2017 Fall Season: Supercells, Dust Storms, and Beautiful Skies 05:20
- 10 The Texas Panhandle in June: A Gorgeous Supercell Moving Near Amarillo (June 8, 2017) 08:06