It's here! Its finally here! The first legit looking supercell storm chases of the Spring are arriving this weekend on the Plains and we're planning on partaking in at least one and probably two chases. Saturday we have our eyes on Central Texas for the potential of a supercell or two and Sunday we're looking at a couple of targets from C TX…Read More...
Today on the Vlog we're going to take a look back all the way to the March 8, 2010 storm chase in Western Oklahoma where we saw a long-track EF2 tornado on a day that began without even so much as a tornado risk. Also, Chris talks about his vacation and running into some 'storms' on the way home. And then we look ahead to the weekend and…Read More...
Today's storm anatomy diagram takes a look at an outflow dominant supercell approaching Clinton, Oklahoma on the evening of October 4, 2013. This storm was relatively high based and also just so incredibly outflow dominant. We discuss some telltale signs of how to tell that in this video -- the big key is looking for a sustained/consistent…Read More...
May. Call it whatever you want, but we call it Prime Time on the Plains. For many reasons, setups during this special time of the year just tend to work…Read More...
So the first 'storm' chase of 2018 is in the bag. The SPC issued a marginal risk for parts of the Southern Plains and that was enough to get me out the door on the hunt for storms. (In reality the TV Station decided today was a good day to go chasing but that's neither here nor there) I intercepted some extremely aggressive rain showers near…Read More...
Tomorrow *could* be our first chase of the season if a few things line up a little better. The environment looks good and regardless its going to be warm with…Read More...
WiLD Weather Episodes
WiLD Weather Full Episodes
1 / 10
- 1 The Storm Chase That Went Shelf Cloud To Supercell Back to Shelf Cloud (April 19, 2017) 04:03
- 2 The Destructive Guthrie, OK Firestorm (May 4-5, 2014) 04:09
- 3 El Reno Rocked by Two Separate Major Ice Storms in the Winter of 2015 04:15
- 4 Our Favorite Lightning Displays EVER! Top Three Countdown! 05:46
- 5 Easter at Chester - Tornado from an Outflow Boundary Storm Snakes Down! - April 16, 2017 06:17
- 6 The No Good, Very Bad, Ugly Chase Day of May 18th (The Curse is Real!) 07:48
- 7 Battling the Cap - Beautiful LP Supercell At Sunset in Kansas - April 15, 2017 06:15
- 8 Chasing the Haboob: Tracking Down Dust Storms in the Desert Southwest! 07:57
- 9 Chasing The 2017 Fall Season: Supercells, Dust Storms, and Beautiful Skies 05:20
- 10 The Texas Panhandle in June: A Gorgeous Supercell Moving Near Amarillo (June 8, 2017) 08:06